The big money game! Powerball is America's BIG draw game that grows by the millions.
There are nine ways to win, twice a week. The Powerball jackpot is always big.
- Decide how many plays you want. Each play costs $2. You can choose either one, two, three, four or all five plays (A thru E) on each Powerball playslip.
- The starting annuitized jackpot for Powerball is $40 million.
- For each game, pick five numbers (5 of 69) in the white "Pick 5" box. Next, pick your one Powerball number (1 of 26) in the "Powerball" box below.
- If you want the computer to randomly select your numbers, ask the clerk for a "Quick Pick", or mark the "Quick Pick" box on the playslip.
- Before submitting your playslip, make sure the numbers you have chosen are the ones you want. Powerball tickets cannot be canceled after they are processed. Responsibility for the numbers selected rests with the player, not the retailer or the Lottery.
- If you want to play the same numbers for up to 10 consecutive drawings, mark the appropriate number of drawings in the Multi-Draw section.
- Drawings are on Wednesday and Saturday night at 8:59 p.m. MT.
- PowerPlay for Powerball is a way to multiply your prize of $50,000 or less by 2, 3, 4, 5, or even 10 times. The PowerPlay option costs an additional $1 per play. IMPORTANT: The 10 times multiplier is ONLY in play when the advertised annuity jackpot is $150 million or less. The Matche 5 prize with PowerPlay is always $2,000,000
The overall odds of winning a prize in this game are 1:25
Make sure to sign your ticket prior to presenting for payment.
Payment: You have 60 days after you claim the jackpot to determine if you want the cash or the annuity option. The Jackpot Prize is paid as an annuity of 30 payments over 29 years or, at the election of the winner, in a lump sum payment of the cash value of the annuity prize. If the winner chooses the annuity, the annual payments will be increased each year by a percentage set out in the Powerball game rules. The jackpot is pari-mutuel. You win other cash prizes when you correctly match other Powerball numbers drawn. Prizes must be claimed within 180 days from the date of the drawing. All prizes for Powerball must be claimed in the state where the ticket was purchased.
- All tickets, transactions and winners are subject to Lottery Rules and state law. Tickets shall not be sold to persons under 18 years of age. The ticket, not the playslip, is the bearer instrument and the only proof of selections and purchase. Claims arising from lottery tickets sold by the Idaho Lottery must be pursued consistent with the Idaho Lottery and MUSL rules as the sole and exclusive remedy of claimant.
Must be at least 18 to buy, sell or redeem lottery tickets.
By purchasing a ticket, you agree to be bound by all rules and regulations of the Idaho Lottery. By purchasing a ticket and submitting a prize claim, each potential winner grants the Idaho Lottery the right to use the winner’s name, city, county, state of residence, prize amount, and photograph or likeness to publicize his or her winnings and promote games or goodwill for the Idaho Lottery, without further consideration.