O’ Christmas Spree Live Event Rules
The following rules establish the requirements for participating in O’ Christmas Spree live events:
CLAIMING A PRIZE
- The Idaho Lottery (the Lottery) will conduct the O’ Christmas Spree live events according to the rules provided in this document.
- Each O’ Christmas Spree Prize Winner (Prize Winner) will win a shopping spree. The Prize Winner has the option to send a proxy (Proxy) in their place for the shopping spree.
- If an O’ Christmas Spree scratch ticket was purchased or claimed by more than one individual (a “Group”), the members of the Group shall select a single representative to participate in the O’ Christmas Spree event (a “Designee”). Once selected, the Designee may not be changed.
- Neither Prize Winner, Proxy, nor Designee will be permitted to remain anonymous, and will be required to sign an appearance release and waiver of anonymity. Refusal to sign the release will result in disqualification from any prizes.
- The Lottery may use, without limitation, an entrant’s hometown, name, likeness, and/or voice in any promotion, research, marketing, publication, or other advertising media including, but not limited to, the Idaho Lottery website and social media platforms, without notice, compensation, or additional release.
- The O’ Christmas Spree live events are only available to O’ Christmas Spree scratch game ticket winners whose tickets indicate they have won a shopping spree prize by the word “SPREE”.
- If the word “SPREE” is revealed, player should contact the Lottery to schedule a live Shopping Spree event.
- O’ Christmas Spree Prize Winners must complete the Lottery claim form, provide all information necessary to process the claim, and provide contact information to schedule their participation in the O’ Christmas Spree event.
- Scratch tickets expire 180 days after the game ends and prizes must be claimed prior to that date. Lottery Headquarters in Boise, Idaho, must receive the completed claim form with all information requested by the last eligible claim date. The claim form can be found on the Lottery website. If the claim form and requested information is not received at the Lottery Headquarters, either in person or by mail, by the last date to claim, the Prize Winner will be disqualified from participating in the O’ Christmas Spree event.
- The Lottery assumes no responsibility for, including but not limited to, incorrect addresses, mis-delivery, late delivery, or failure to deliver for any reason for an item(s) sent pursuant to this paragraph by either the Lottery or the Prize Winner, regardless of fault. All risk of loss remains with and is assumed by the Prize Winner.
- All prize amounts are subject to Federal and State taxes, and any applicable debt set-off or state withholdings, as required by law.
- In case a debt set-off is found, the Prize Winner will not participate in a live public event; instead choosing the value of their prize remotely in a private event.
- Once a ticket with a “SPREE” prize is validated at the Lottery headquarters, either in person or by mail, the Prize Winner will be contacted by the Lottery to arrange a time to attend an O’Christmas Spree live event.
- When possible, the Lottery will conduct O’Christmas Spree live events within two weeks of being contacted by the Prize Winner and verification of the winning ticket. This is to allow for time to make travel arrangements for the Lottery and to promote the event.
- The O’Christmas Spree events will take place at an Idaho Fred Meyer location in (or nearest to) the Prize Winner’s area. Idaho Fred Meyers are located in Boise (3 locations), Coeur d’Alene, Garden City, Idaho Falls, Meridian (2 locations), Nampa, Pocatello, & Twin Falls.
- At a minimum, a representative from the Idaho Lottery’s Marketing Department will monitor each O’ Christmas Spree event. Decisions made by Lottery Officials shall be deemed final.
- The live event will be broadcast on Facebook and feature a “Deal or No Deal” style game where the Prize Winner selects one of five boxes with the games’ prizes inside: $1,000, $2,000, $3,000, $4,000, or $5,000. The Prize Winner will eliminate other boxes until there are two boxes remaining. The Prize Winner can then choose to open their original box, or the remaining box, to determine their prize.
- The Prize Winner will then get to shop immediately.
- The winning prize amount will be placed on a Fred Meyer gift card.
- Prize winner will keep the gift card with the remaining balance after the event is over.
- The Prize Winner, Proxy, and Designee must be 18 years of age or older to be eligible to participate in the O’ Christmas Spree live event.
- Prize Winners, Proxys, and Designees will be expected to maintain an appropriate standard of dress and personal appearance. Prize Winners, Proxys, and Designees will not be permitted to wear any clothing reflecting any logo(s) or inappropriate graphics, profanity, or political and/or religious messages. All attire must be approved solely at the discretion of the Lottery. Prize Winners, Proxys, and Designees may be required to wear alternative, branded clothing at the sole discretion of the Lottery.
- The Lottery, at its sole discretion, may disqualify a Prize Winner, Proxy, or Designee from participating in any aspect of the shopping spree if deemed or suspected, as determined by the Lottery’s discretion, that such Prize Winner, Proxy, or Designee has engaged or has attempted to engage in any of the following:
- Act in violation of these Official Rules;
- Act with intent to annoy, harass, or abuse any other person involved in the event;
- Behave in any unsportsmanlike, inappropriate, uncooperative, disruptive, fraudulent, potentially fraudulent, inebriated, or unusual or boisterous behavior or activity; or
- Tickets determined to be in a stolen and/or missing inventory status or not part of a valid sold or activated Idaho Lottery inventory status will be disqualified.
- Presentation of an illegally obtained Idaho Lottery scratch ticket is a felony pursuant to Idaho Code 67-7448(2).
- The Lottery reserves the right to fully prosecute and seek damages from any individual in violation of these rules of the law.
Fred Meyer gift card information
Back to Idaho Lottery Home