Do you need a license?
- Raffle License Requirements: If your organization is holding a small raffle, you may not need to apply for a license. To determine whether or not a license is required, add the purchase prices (or fair market value) of all prizes to be awarded and if the total is OVER $5,000, your organization does need to apply for a license. Even if a prize is donated, use the fair market value to decide if a license is required.
- Bingo License Requirements: If you are starting a bingo game, you may not need to apply for a license. If you will make OVER $10,000 annually, you need to apply for a bingo license. Most organizations who play a minimum of once a week will need a license.
*All unlicensed and licensed organization are required to follow all laws regarding charitable gaming. Please read the Idaho Code and Administrative Rules to ensure compliance.
Applying for a New License:
- Application Fee: The annual application fee for an organization applying for a Charitable Gaming License for the first time is $100.00. A check must accompany your application packet. Please make check payable to the Idaho State Lottery. This fee is non-refundable.
- Application Packet: Print and complete all of the forms. Click here to download the application packet. In addition to the forms, organizations applying for a license for the first time must submit all the documents listed in 7a. (Tax-exempt organizations) or 7b. (Non-profit organizations) of the application. Failure to include these documents will result in an incomplete application and will delay processing.
Renewing your License:
- Renewal Application Packet: Print and complete all of the forms. Click here to download the application packet.
- Renewal Fee: The annual application fee is based on your organization’s gross revenues from bingo and/or raffle operations during the previous year as follows:
|Gross Revenue Amount||Fee Amount|
|Less than $25,000||$100|
|$25,000 to $75,000||$200|
Please mail ALL forms to: Idaho Lottery Enforcement Division, ATTN: Angie Vitek, PO Box 6537, Boise, ID 83707
If you have questions about this content, email email@example.com
Angela Vitek, Charitable Gaming Coordinator
Idaho Lottery Enforcement Division - (208) 334-2277