ico-game-tile-shape Asset 1 ico-game-tile-shape
$1,189,000,000 returned to Idaho since 1989! VIP Club

returned to Idaho since 1989!


About Us


  • The Idaho Lottery began on July 19, 1989.

  • The Idaho Lottery paid out over $3.1 billion in prizes to players since operations began on July 19, 1989.

  • Total Lottery revenues from fiscal years 1990 – 2023 are more than $5.4 billion.

  • The annual Idaho Lottery dividend benefits Idaho Public Schools and the Permanent Building Fund.

  • For every dollar the Lottery receives from ticket sales, historically about $0.23 goes towards the annual dividend.

  • Total dividends given to all Idaho Public Schools and the Permanent Building Fund from 1990 – 2023 is $1.189 billion.

  • 62.5% of dividend funds are given to the Public Schools. The other 37.5% is given to the Permanent Building Fund, for State operated facilities like Idaho’s colleges and universities.

  • Retailers who sell a winning Lottery ticket receive commission based on the prize size and type of game. All retailers receive a 5% commission for each ticket sold.

  • Idaho’s largest winner was Brad Duke of Star. In 2005, he won a Powerball PowerPlay jackpot of $220 million.

  • The Idaho Lottery began the first lottery VIP Club in the nation in 1999. It is the first to offer its members rewards for purchases.

  • There are approximately 1,200 Lottery retailers located throughout Idaho.

  • Idaho Lottery players have 180 days from the draw date for Draw games to claim their prize and 180 days from the official end of a Scratch Game™ to claim their prize.

  • To ensure the integrity and security of its games, the Idaho Lottery withdraws a Scratch Game™ from the market as soon as the game’s top prizes have claimed out.