BOISE, Idaho ÔÇô Late this afternoon, the Idaho Lottery experienced statewide technical difficulties with a terminal message that was issued in error to players holding winning tickets. The message incorrectly instructed players holding winning tickets of less than $600 to claim their prizes at Lottery Headquarters in Boise.
"During routine ticket validations this afternoon, a terminal message inadvertently prompted retail clerks to instruct players to claim their prizes at Lottery offices in Boise," said Jeff Anderson, Idaho Lottery Director. "We worked expeditiously and quickly resolved the situation, however, there may be players still holding these winning tickets and claim vouchers that do not need to travel to Boise to claim their prize."
For players who may have tried to validate their winning tickets and received this message this afternoon the Idaho Lottery recommends the following steps:
1. If players have not signed the back of their tickets, they need to do so immediately.
2. Players should double-check their tickets for the correct prize amount.
3. If the prize amount is less than $600, the player can claim their prize at their local retailer. They do not need to travel to Boise.
4. Players should call the Idaho Lottery Customer Service Department Monday morning, June 22, 2009 before driving to Boise to claim their prize.
5. Idaho Lottery Customer Service can be reached Monday ÔÇô Friday daily from 8 A.M. to 6 P.M. Mountain Time at 208-334-2600.