2022 Powerball New York Trip and Million Dollar Giveaway Rules
Powerball VIP New York Trip 2nd Chance Draw Rules Promotion Description: Players enter any valid non-winning Powerball ticket for a chance to win a trip to New York City, NY for New Years’s Eve and be Idaho’s ONLY finalist competing for a chance to be the first Powerball Millionaire of the Year.
Prize: VIP trip for two to New York City, NY for New Year’s Eve.
Entry Dates: Starts 8/22/2022 at 12:01 am MT and ends 10/12/22 at 11:59 pm MT. Winner will be announced by 10/14/22 at 3:00 pm MT on Idaho Lottery’s website.
How to Enter: To enter online, go to vip.idaholottery.com and sign up or log in. Click on the Promotions tab. Click on the Powerball VIP New York Trip then enter the first 20-digits of the ticket number. To enter through the Lottery tele-entry system; call 208-334-4656 then press 2 for promotions. Follow the cue to enter the first 20-digits of the ticket number.
- Only online or tele-entries will be accepted.
- Mail in entries will NOT be accepted.
- It is the player’s responsibility to enter the correct ticket number and contact information.
- Only Idaho Lottery VIP Club members will be able to enter through the website.
- It is the player’s responsibility to maintain current contact information through the VIP Club.
- The Lottery will not enter any information for any person.
- The Lottery cannot make any changes to any entry.
- Tickets may only be entered once. Duplicate entries will be disqualified.
- Winning tickets will be required for presentation to claim prize.
- Prizes will not be awarded without verification of the ticket from the winning entry.
- All prize fulfillments are subject to compliance with any State, Federal or local laws.
- Only persons 18 years of age or older can enter or participate in any Lottery promotion.
Posting or announcement of winner drawn does not confirm winning status until the winner and winning entry have been verified by Lottery officials. An alternate for the prizes will be chosen and contacted in the event of the following:
- The winner cannot be notified due to incorrect or lack of contact information.
- The winning entry cannot be verified by the Lottery.
- The winner has not contacted the Lottery within the required time.
- The winner cannot accept or participate in the promotion.
- The tickets entered were illegally obtained or if a violation of any law or rules has occurred.
- The winner is not of legal age to participate.
Important Winner Details: The Lottery will contact the winners of each drawing. Each winner will have 5 days from notification to contact Idaho Lottery Security. Every effort will be made to contact winners by the contact information provided by the entrant. In the event a named winner is disqualified or does not step forward to claim their prize within the required time, the named winner will forfeit their claim to the prize and an alternate will be chosen and contacted. The alternate will then have seventy-two (72) hours from notification to contact Idaho Lottery Security.
- Contact Idaho Lottery Security at 208-780-2550.
- Sign and complete the information on the back of the selected ticket.
- The winner must present the selected ticket to Lottery Officials to claim prize.
- Winner must complete and sign Promotion/2nd Chance Claim Form.
- Winner must present government issued identification to claim prize.
- Prizes may be claimed in person at the Lottery Office (located at 1199 Shoreline Ln. Suite 100, Boise, ID 83702), my mail (P.O. Box 6537, Boise, ID 83706), or by email.
Additional Details: The Trip Prize consists of a four-day, three-night VIP trip for the winner (“Winner”) and one (1) guest to New York City, NY (“NYC”), from approximately December 29, 2022, to January 1, 2023, to participate in a drawing for a prize in the amount of One Million Dollars ($1,000,000) (“$1 Million Prize”) to be conducted shortly after midnight on January 1, 2023, during the live television broadcast of Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve on ABC (“Program”). The Trip Prize shall include the following elements:
- Round-trip, coach-class airline transportation for two (2) people from the major airport nearest Winner’s city to NYC (if within 250 miles of NYC, rail or ground transportation to be substituted).
- Three (3) nights’ hotel accommodations at a Times Square hotel (selected by Prize Provider in its sole discretion) in NYC (double occupancy, room and tax only).
- Two (2) tickets to a welcome dinner at a venue to be selected by Producer on December 29, 2022.
- Two (2) tickets for an exclusive entertainment experience to be determined by Producer (e.g., Broadway show, holiday dinner cruise on the Hudson River, etc.) on December 30, 2022.
- Two (2) tickets for an exclusive New Year’s Eve dinner and entertainment with other Trip Prize winners and their guests.
- Two (2) gift bags, each with a retail value of at least Three Hundred Fifty Dollars ($350).
- All meals while in NYC, including the Welcome Dinner on December 29, 2022, and the NYE dinner on December 30, 2022.
- Spending money in the amount of One Thousand Dollars ($1,000).
- Ground transportation to and from airports, hotel, and activities in NYC.
Winner shall not be required to travel to NYC to participate in the drawing for, and to remain eligible to win,
the $1 Million Prize. Winner may appoint a proxy to take the trip instead, subject to the Trip Prize Terms and Conditions,
but Winner will still remain eligible to win the $1 Million Prize. Winner (or his/her proxy) may also have the opportunity
to participate in the recording and production of the Program and/or appear in the broadcast of the Program, provided that Winner
completes and signs all required releases and forms and consents to a background check. If Winner appoints a proxy, the proxy
must complete and sign all required releases and clear the background check in order to take the trip. In the event that Winner’s
designated proxy does not clear the background check, Prize Provider reserves the right, in its sole discretion, either to (i) allow
Winner to appoint another proxy to take the trip (subject to background clearance and Prize Provider deadlines); or (ii) allow
proxy to travel and to appoint a second proxy (selected by Prize Provider) to participate in the Program.
For the avoidance of doubt, Winner’s eligibility to participate in the trip and/or the drawing for the $1 Million Prize is not affected by Winner’s failure to complete and sign all required release and forms and/or to consent to a background check and/or by any information obtained pursuant to a background check, but those failures may affect the nature of his/her appearance and/or degree of participation in the Program. While Winner’s eligibility to participate in the drawing for the $1 Million Prize is an element of the Trip Prize, the opportunity to participate in the recording and production of the Program and/or appear in the broadcast of the Program is expressly NOT an element of the Trip Prize and is determined by Prize Provider in its sole discretion. Prize Provider reserves the right to appoint a proxy to appear and participate in the Program for Winner for any reason as it may determine in its sole discretion. The appointment of any proxy shall not affect Winner’s eligibility for the $1 Million Prize.